We have gotten a request for Hive13 to assist with the Repair Fair Cincy. See note below:
Hope this email finds you well.
Repair Fair Cincy is right around the corner:
Saturday, March 10, 2018
9am – 12pm
Pleasant Ridge Recreation Center — 5915 Ridge Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio 45213
• Clothing & fabric items
• Small electronics (counter top appliance, lamps, toys)
• Tool sharpening
Would Hive13 be interested in participating? We would welcome any involvement you could manage, however one of our greatest needs at this point is a waiting area activity, such as:
• Take-apart table (help guests learn how to take apart simple objects)
• Demonstration/maintenance table (show guests how to do simple cleaning and repairs on items)
• Art/reuse activity
• Anything to keep participants engaged while they wait
This makes me think of the outreach your organization does involving soldering and such.
Other areas where help is needed:
• We have quite a few fixers, but would always welcome more
• We’re looking for a few “jack-of-all-trades” type folks to do the initial item diagnostics/intake. These volunteers will have general experience in repair for the categories listed above
• Presenters of half hour workshops
• Promotion. Here are the promotional materials if you’d like to share:
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/407031859727908/
Thank you for your consideration and support!
City of Cincinnati, Office of Environment & Sustainability
Lorin has been in communication with Jenn but it turns out he is going to be out of town on the 10th.
I am tentatively signed up to be a science fair judge on the 10th.
Could we get a group to go to this event and help people with general repair evaluation and simple repair?
I’ve started a simple Google Sheet to list the people that could help.
I’ll mention it in the upcoming meetings.
RepairFairFlyerFinal.pdf (76.8 KB)