Got a new/used belt sanders for the hive

Sorry it's not an oscillating one but it's an pretty heavy duty belt and disk sander/shaper with adjustable plate on the disc for angles. Dono if we have belts for it or not down there the guy only had one and it got ripped when he picked it up for us lol. Hopefully you all will like it down there for wood or metal working if the group wants to decide. Photos are in next message and the motor is a beast lol.

20160228_123137.jpg

Sweet!
Very useful tool.
I would propose a set if belts for wood an a different set for metal. Just maybe one rough and one fine for each.
Grinding metal on a sawdust packed belt can be "exciting". :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks,

BradmanOH

Sweet!
Very useful tool.
I would propose a set if belts for wood an a different set for metal. Just maybe one rough and one fine for each.
Grinding metal on a sawdust packed belt can be “exciting”. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks,

BradmanOH

20160228_123146.jpg

20160228_152027.jpg

It is not an perfect cosmetic condition at all but everything seems to be fully functional and the motor is really strong on it. It could definitely use a dusting and cleaning lol however it has all really nice thick iron parts along with along with a very to replace drive belt. I know it’s not top of the line but comparing it to my Craftsman one that I paid a lot of money for, this one seems to be very user friendly / easy to work on / easy to adjust/ and a lot bigger motor than my standard one that looks easily replaceable if it went out . I picked it up for what I felt was an extremely fair price of 40 bucks. It will definitely need some belts and disc as the man no longer had any for it but hopefully it can get some good use if people are interested in me bringing it down, I planned to just make the hive it’s forever home lol.

20160228_152014.jpg

Kevin, I trust your judgement on evaluating tools like this…
I don’t think anyone would object to that price if it’s solid and functional…
I can’t imagine that the belts and disks would be some stupid expensive and hard to find size (I doubt that)

If a vote is needed for this, I vote yes.

Nancy