Free Class - Recycling your Bottles at Hive13

Free Class - Recycling your Bottles at Hive13
Sunday, May 21st 2023, 1:00-3:00pm

This class will cover three seperate projects that you can make at Hive13 in the hot crafts area using empty glass bottles! In this class we will make:

1. A wine bottle Vase,
  2. A slumped bottle cheese tray, and
  3. A liquor bottle succulent planter

In the process, you will learn to use/get certified on:

1. The glass/jewelry hand torch,
  2. The glass slumping/fusing kilns,
  3. The glass/ceramics/stone cutting diamond bandsaw

We will also discuss simple glass cold working (grinding and polishing) to remove sharp edges and chips on cut glass.

Please RSVP, I believe I can handle as many as 10 people in this class. First come, first serve for spots.

Thanks,

Kevin McLeod
Hot Crafts Warden

Hi, Kevin, I’m interested in the “Recycling Wine Bottles” class on Sunday, May 21,from 1 to 3. I assume I should bring my own wine bottles, is that correct? Cindy Herrick

Hey Cindy, We have a pretty large stack of bottles that members have brought in for this class, but if you want to bring your own, please do!

FYI, to anyone considering coming to this class who hasn’t signed up, we are at 2 spots left. So far the list of attendees I have is:

1. Alexa S.
  2. Shlomo H.
  3. Gautam S.
  4. Jeni S.
  5. Michael S.
  6. Nashad R.
  7. Renee B.
  8. Cindy H.

If anyone RSVP’d already and I missed you, please let me know!

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin:

Can we still get in?

John & Ruth Sikorski

| Kmcleod
May 16 |

• | - |

Hey Cindy, We have a pretty large stack of bottles that members have brought in for this class, but if you want to bring your own, please do!

FYI, to anyone considering coming to this class who hasn’t signed up, we are at 2 spots left. So far the list of attendees I have is:

1. Alexa S.
  2. Shlomo H.
  3. Gautam S.
  4. Jeni S.
  5. Michael S.
  6. Nashad R.
  7. Renee B.
  8. Cindy H.

If anyone RSVP’d already and I missed you, please let me know!

Thanks,

Kevin

Sure! Jax also messaged me and wants to join, so with that, class is full. See everyone this weekend!

Hey, thanks everyone for coming to the class! I hope everyone found it educational and enjoyable!

Please post pictures of your pieces in #glasswork on slack as you make progress on them! I’ll post pics of the kiln load pieces when they are done tomorrow