Food support for those who need it

I am pleased with our new home, and getting back into using the laser cutter and other amenities of Hive13.

One of my H13 projects is making signs for Tikkun Farm, a 3.5-acre farm in Mt. Healthy. Since the pandemic hit last year, Tikkun Farm started a “Free Market,” in partnership with FreeStore Foodbank and dozens of other organizations.

I don’t know what anyone’s situation might be these days, but in case you or someone you know needs food support, this Free Market runs from 3-6pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 1-4pm Friday and Saturday.

There are no income requirements, no residency restrictions, no ID required, and no judgment. They do collect one’s contact information, as well as number of people/age brackets of the household. This is strictly to get demographical information so we can apply for grants and other funding. Personal information is always kept confidential.

The Free Market has all kinds of food–there’s something for everyone. It’s like Forrest Gump’s proverbial box of chocolates–“ya never know what you’re gonna get.” Usually, there’s fresh produce, pantry items (e.g. peanut butter, pasta), breads, milk, cheese, meat products, and even sugary treats. They also have a decent amount of organic, gluten-free, vegetarian/vegan items, should those be of interest to anyone.

7945 Elizabeth Street, Mt. Healthy. More information is at tikkunfarm.com.
And they always welcome new volunteers! (: