If you are interested in the Hot crafts area, please join us for the first Hot Crafts Committee Meeting on Monday, February 7th, at 7:00pm.
What is the Hot Crafts Area? - The #hot_crafts_area is the physical space between the kitchen and the laser cutter bay at Hive13. It includes activities such as #casting, #ceramics, #glasswork, #jewelry_and_metalsmithing, as well as having one of our utility sinks, the (non-food use) craft oven, and some other odd tools like our vacuum chamber (# denotes a relevant channel on slack).
What is the hot crafts committee? - I’d like to start having monthly get-togethers where the folks interested in the hot crafts area:
- discuss the status of the space’s equipment and activities
- coordinate (or execute) plans for repairs, improvements, and finishing existing space projects
- build and update a Wishlist for new tools or activities
- coordinate certifications and ensure certified members are made aware of any changes to things
- share, discuss and work on cool hot crafts projects
Am I on the committee? - Yes! All you are required to do is show up (or if you don’t show up, share your input here on slack).
What responsibilities are associated with being on this committee? - None if you can’t commit to them, but my hope is that folks who show up will do so with a willingness to take on some actions to help finish open improvement projects or otherwise make the space better.
If you are interested in participating in this, please let me know! I look forward to seeing you there!
Hot Crafts Warden