Fablab Redesign

Hi folks,

To try and make room for the new laser cutter, We have been planning a redesign of the fablab for some time. Here are two different designs that we came up with that maximized flow in the room while also fit as much as possible inside the room. I also have attached an original attached that has the ‘current’ fablab (it was easiest to do this up in Inkscape at the time for me).

Feel free to play around with the files and see if we can come up with new ideas for the fablab!
If you decide to use something that is not listed, please label it clearly so we know the intention for it.

Thanks all!

Original.svg

Idea 1.pdf (29.2 KB)

Idea 2.pdf (28.6 KB)

I plan to be there on Wednesday and tape out where items will be. Who can make on Wednesday.

Here is the first draft of what I have come up for reorganizing the fab lab (after seeing what Dustin and a few others came up with).

I’d like people to discuss this before we start taping things out and moving things around.

Things to keep in mind:

• The lasers would ideally be kept by the ventilation and compressed air line

• There has been talk of possibly swapping out the computers that control the laser with small tablets (that are lower powered and faster than the current machine) which could save us a lot of space.

• Vertical storage for materials needs to be added back in to the room somehow, but we may wait to figure that out after the big laser arrives.

Jon

You forgot attachment…

The attachment was in the email directly before yours. (unless there is a bug in gmail. I can see it from this side.)

there is either a bug in gmail or it’s missing. I double checked. Not there.
-D

I can see the attachments…

there is either a bug in gmail or it’s missing. I double checked. Not there.
-D

If fablab moves are being made today will just please be careful with power series stuff jim was there way before I and Katie and I were there all night it’s right at the finish line please be very cautious of you see any hardware fittings etc sitting around o was very tired when I left and stuff is moved around ready to finish and be rolling today.

Me and Lorin decided to hold off in the fablab redesign for now. There are still many factors to consider, and we don’t want to have to move the pallet racks twice.

Nothing is being moved today. But Wednesday blueing out the locations of objects is planned to happen.

Haha, I should not post things when I wake up. I meant the electronics area.

Nothing is being moved today. But Wednesday blueing out the locations of objects is planned to happen.

Ok I just know jim has our motor in their putting an butt ton of effort into it I font know if he’s awake yet he fell asleep working down there pushing so hard get the motor programed and had some equipment in there…just a heads up in cas ed he had things to finish I’m trying to get a quick nap to head back down we got to be up and rolling today. Just ad long as things aren’t being moved and we have space for this last hard push so we can work any bugs out this week. Back to my nap lol just please some of the test equipment and stuff that is in there by the pcs give jim time to m as ke sure with what he was pushing hard f or ge was doing a hell of a job…back to trying to sleep be there this afternoon