EXPLORE: Cincinnati in a Scavenger Hunt 10/17 &10/18

Anybody up for something just for FUN? How about a scavenger hunt? My wife Barb and I are up for it.

It might be fun to form teams of Hive13 family and friends to work the Public Radio scavenger hunt next weekend. October 17th & 18th.

We can coordinate on SLACK and either help or confuse each other. Of course we’ll wear masks, travel separately and stay COVID safe. Most of all it’s just to have fun while exploring Cincinnati.

Check out the details on the link and info below.

EXPLORE: A Scavenger Hunt Celebrating Cincinnati Public Radio Anniversaries

Help us celebrate the anniversaries of ALL the Cincinnati Public Radio stations (WVXU’s 50th, WGUC’s 60th, and WMUB’s 70th) and show our newest team member around town by joining the fun of:

EXPLORE: A Scavenger Hunt Celebrating Cincinnati Public Radio Anniversaries

This socially-distanced, untimed scavenger hunt will happen at your convenience on Saturday, October 17 and Sunday, October 18, anytime between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Get a team of friends together or hunt alone in your car or on bike, following clues in a free app you’ll download. Using your cell phone, you’ll be directed around downtown, Over the Rhine, Covington, Newport, and Mt. Auburn with audio and augmented reality clues. Since it’s untimed, you can stop all you want for refreshments or to visit the sites.

Your mission is to show WVXU’s new reporter, Cory Sharber, the sights of his new city. You’ll be helped along the way by voices you recognize via the scavenger hunt app. Once you register, you’ll get a confirmation…then the week of the hunt, you’ll get the app info…then Saturday morning October 17 at 9am, you’ll get an email with the password for the app and the hunt will go live!

We will do random prize drawings from all those who successfully finish the hunt.

Registration is $5 a person for teams of 1, 2, or 3 people, then $20 for a team of 4 or more.

Oh man… if we weren’t celebrating Rigby’s birthday I would absolutely be down for this.
Keep me posted if you see something like this come up again, if you don’t mind!

I registered my wife and I for this.

Bump

Saturday and Sunday look like good weather to explore Cincinnati on a Scavenger Hunt.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I keep ignoring the emails.

Ann and I are registered. We have a few thing going on this weekend so I’m not sure how seriously we’ll take it or when we will start. But, keep us in the loop.

Barb and I are going for a lazy start. Aiming to be at the start point around 1 pm after lunch.

Let us know your plans and if you want to coordinate our hunt.
Remember to download the app.
Dave