Event: Needwork Night at Hive13 - Friday January 18th, 6:00-8:00PM

Please join us on Friday, January 18th, 6:00-8:00PM, for a needlework, fabric crafts, and yarn arts social.

If you have any craft you enjoy involving string, thread, yarn, or fabric come in and work on your project while sharing drinks and snacks.

This event is open to members and non-members of all ages, bring your families and friends.

BYOB, snack food and a sushi platter will be provided.

See you there,

Kevin M.

https://www.meetup.com/Hive13/events/257447833

bump for exposure, all are welcome to join

Another bump, this is tomorrow (Friday, January 18th, 2019, 6:00-8:00PM).

I am bringing a Sushi tray to share and I know one or two others plan to bring small snacks like chips and dip, feel free to show up with food to share!

remember that this is bring your own project, and bring your own drinks if you would like to have drinks.

We look forward to seeing everyone who comes!

Needlework Night was a great success! We had around 16-18 people in at the peak, including 4-5 prospective members and a few past members.

Sushi, Snacks, and needlework were complemented by rounds of "the movie game" where a person in the hot seat thinks of a movie and everyone else trys to guess it with yes/no questions.

I'm thinking of having this become a bimonthly event, does the third Friday of every month with 31 days sound good?

While some movie choices were better than others, I think we all agree that the best movie choice was SpiceWorld.

I’d think a monthly event would work out well. Especially once we get more of the textile items accessible in that space.

Awesome!

I’ve seen a few of the embroidery sewing machines on the auction site. if you like I’ll flag them to the group and maybe have people see if we are interested.

Let’s go easy on the auction site killer. I believe one of 5 machines at the hive is an embroidery machine. As part of moving the textiles into the meeting room I plan on collecting any hive owned machines and dropping them off for service and evaluation if they are worth servicing.

Unless of course someone comes in that knows how to overhaul the machines and bring them up to snuff.

Ha

No problem.