Electronics fundamentals class interest

I’d like to give a class on electronics fundamentals in January of next year. Probably a few hours, maybe 1-4 some Saturday.
This would cover basics like voltage and current and how to use our electronics gear (voltmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
Might even get into soldering.

Feel free to reply to this thread with your interest and even specific requests.

I’d be down for that. I can always use a refresher.

If you need help instructing or want to coordinate a larger series, I can help. I’m sure Lorin would be down to talk about electronics too. :slight_smile:
-D

Cool, thanks.

Maybe setup two classes, beginner and intermediate. I think basic can evolve too quickly into advanced and chase people away if we try to do too much at once.

any update on date for this?

Thanks for the reminder. We just got back from vacation. So I’m thinking mid to late January on like a Saturday.

I’m thinking Saturday Feb 2nd from 10:00am-12:00pm for the Intro to Electronics class.
I’ll setup some simple circuits and use the Digital Multi Meter/Power supply/Oscilloscope to examine them.
Some theory but mostly hands on with the zappy stuff.
Feel free to comment on different dates/times/topics in this thread.

Intro to Electronics class is a go for Feb 2 from 10:00-12:00.
We will post something on the main page. No charge.
Show up to talk about electronics and learn about basics (voltage, current, resistors, capacitors, etc.).
No experience needed.
We may have another class that is more advanced or specific to a tool (oscilloscope, logic analyzer) if interested.

I was just granted access to this Google Group. I’m disappointed I didn’t quite make it to the intro to electronics class. Will there be another anytime soon? Is there a way to be notified or do I just monitor the emails?

Thanks,
John