Cooking the World - Bangladesh!

Is mustard making club like Mustard Club? https://www.mustardclub.org/home

Also, I could have sworn I just overheard Will saying something like, “I hope there’s never a taste-test competition at the Hive for homemade mustards. I’d lose.” Not sure what he meant by that.

IMG_20190824_170226.jpg

Cooking the World: Bangladesh was a success!
Unlike the Qabuli Palao, we had no tweaks or improvements we wanted to make to the recipe, so go forth and make it as it is!

The only potential criticism I could see is that the sauce/gravy is very heavy on mustard flavor, so it’s got some bitterness to it. We thought it was excellent, but I could see how it might not be to some people’s tastes.
If you read the original thread, you know that there was a question about which fish to use. I ended up going with cod and it was fantastic. We agreed that really any white fish would work well.

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was a blast!

I think we should start a wiki page with all the different things you’ve done.

IMG_20190824_170226.jpg

It was so damned good! I found the gravy to be decadent. Bitter and intense but then again I suppose people think I am bitter and intense. I took half a quart of it home with me.and it will be devoured!

Brad, I like that idea! I could write up more detailed notes regarding each recipe too.

Dave S - Yes! You’ll have to let me know what else that gravy ends up on!

Happy to help getting it on the wiki.

I hadn't had a wiki account previously so I requested one

Kayla, we're using it to season the zucchini noodles that will be accompanying our sous vide rib eye steaks tonight.

Cooking the world needs to go out on our social media!

I’m sad to have missed this but was out for wife’s bday. Hopefully next time?
-D

You're always welcome.

We should attempt to create an informal RSVP process so we know how much shit to buy/make

Dave B, I hope your wife had a lovely birthday! Hopefully you can both make the next one!

Dave S, yeah, I agree. I'm not really sure how to do it more effectively? I think I mentioned dates in the original post, so maybe just continue to post reminders? I don't know. I'm bad at stuff like this haha

We've got this!