Can you edit posts?

Hi, I’m dumb and don’t even know if this is the right place to post this.

Is it possible to edit posts?

We had talked quite a bit on whether or not we should allow people to edit posts. At the moment, it was decided to leave that feature off for now.

It’s definitely something that we should discuss, though. from what I remember, we had decided to leave it off because we didn’t find a way to only allow people the ability to edit their own posts, it ended up letting anyone edit any post, which, as you can imagine, is not the best idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Also!

Hi, I’m dumb

This isn’t true in the slightest.

Ah gotcha, that totally makes sense.

I’m glad I’m not inept and just missing some large edit button haha.

Thanks Heath!

Oh you :heart:

Weird, I missed that. Did it happen to be because all of us in testing were admins so we could edit everything?

There was one other big reason: this works poorly when paired with mailing list mode, as it cannot edit a post that someone has already received via email.

I thought there was a way to let a user edit their own post within N minutes of posting it (within the window that it won’t have been emailed out yet), but I’d have to go look at this.

I’ve got discobot asking me to edit a post that it made “on my behalf”, and after trying in vain to do so, I find this thread. I don’t feel so very n00bish anymore