call for instructors for classes

Hi Andrew,
I apologize for the delay. Would you prefer a week night or a weekend? You could give the second Tuesday talk for October if you prefer a weeknight. That would be next Tuesday.
Cheers,
Tiff

Tiffany,
I’d prefer a week night, at this point next Tuesday is going to be a bit too sudden. Any Tuesday after that would be fine.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew!
What about the third or fourth Tues? Or even another weeknight? November 2nd Tuesday talk is currently scheduled to be Bill Steele, who is discussing old computers. If we wanted it to be another Tuesday talk, then that’d be pushing it back to December (another possibility)
Cheers,
Tiffany

Hi Tiffany:

Thanks for your quick response to my re: teaching CNC classes.
In keeping with my recent past availability, I cannot be at the meeting tomorrow (or Wed, or Thurs this week, and Sat/Sun is Maker Faire)!

Wed 5/12 evening would be available to meet.
I often have AMs free, if that helps.

John2pt0

Oct 17th, which I believe is what you’re referring to with 3rd Tuesday, would be fine.

Thanks,
Andrew

Tiffany:

Not sure if my last email got through (or why it references “5/12”!)

Here is a re-poste (not a riposte - sorry about that - bad pun! bad pun!)

Thanks for your quick response to my re: teaching CNC classes.
In keeping with my recent past availability, I cannot be at the meeting tomorrow (or Wed, or Thurs this week, and Sat/Sun is Maker Faire)!

I often have AMs free, if that helps.

John2pt0

Hey Johnn2pt0,
Next Tuesday morning should work for me! Send me a pm and we will work out time details.
Tiffany

TIffany:

How about 10:30 @ the Hive, on Tuesday 11 Oct?

John2pt0

Hi John2pt0,
sounds good. putting you on my calendar now.
Tiffany

Is this only for members or can non members attend this as well?

for the classes, anyone can attend, though there may be a nominal charge for non-members

In addition to the $50 charge or is that the fee you are referring to?

$50/month buys you membership.
Tiffany is saying that NON-members may have to pay for classes. We used to do it where non-members paid $10 more than members, but this was long ago.
-D

1. Basic CNC Router is approximately 4 hours in length, and has a $50 fee. This fee helps pay for replacement bits and machine maintenance. After the class, a hands-on test must be scheduled before unsupervised use of the machine is allowed. This class enables users to cut wood and products made from wood.

The fee I am asking about is the above fee for the class that is being discussed, isn’t this a separate fee from the membership fee or am I totally confused?

I suppose I should just ask…
What should I bring with me on the date of the class?
Is there a signup sheet or just attend?
Note: I am not a member as stated in the previous messages. I was asked to wait until the second week prior to applying for membership.

Thanks

Tim

That $50 fee is in addition to membership fees. Non-members may have an additional charge.
-D

Anyone at Hive this AM?

Crap! Running llate. heading there now!!

Tiffany:

1. At present I plan to do Saturday 11/12 for the CNC course.
    My estimate is
    10:00 - 12:30 Intro to the Hive13 CNC router & VCarve
    12:30-14:00 Attendees to go find some lunch on their own
    14:00-17:00 Hands-on with the router & VCarve

2. I like Mike’s idea of $15 for members, $20 for guests to cover the materials (birch plywood 2’x2’ square) - should leave a little for the Hive 13 & the instructor to split!

3. Prerequisites: have the Hive Maker version of VCarve on your laptop when you show up. Bring one end mill for the PM session.

Two further questions:
4) What about mills? If the attendee doesn’t have any, does Hive (or do I) sell one?
(Kodiak Cutting Tools currently has a 1/4" bull nose on sale for about $5. Perhaps Hive could get a few to sell just to participants, not as an in-stock supply item.)

Can we limit the group?
5) A fair number could attend the AM session, but, as previously mentioned, it’s going to take at least 30-45 minutes for a noob to set-up and run a first project, practically limiting the after noon session to 3-4 people.
(Then how does Hive keep track of who has credit for the second session?)

Also:
5) I would like to get in a rehearsal before the actual class, if one or two “officials” want to sit in, just to see how it goes, at a time to be determined.

Let me know what you think.

John2pt0

Also:
5) I would like to get in a rehearsal before the actual class, if one or two “officials” want to sit in, just to see how it goes, at a time to be determined.

That’s “6)” … ;^)

Also also: do we have enough safety glasses and ear protectors/ear plugs for a classful of people at the CNC machine?