Books by the Banks - Sat. October 15, 10am - 4pm - Duke Energy Convention Center

Hello all,

We’ve been invited to participate in Books by the Banks again this year, at the Duke Energy Convention Center this Saturday. We will be bringing our Learn to Solder program. :slight_smile:

It would be nice to have two 3 hour “shifts” from 10am - 1pm, and from 1pm - 4pm. We will need between 2 and 4 people for each shift (you can work the whole day or a single hour if you want).

Since this is a single day event with only one activity, I thought people who wanted to volunteer could just post here, rather than use a spreadsheet.

Elly

I am going to be there all day! :slight_smile:

I can do anything afternoon shift.

Brad

Poke :slight_smile:

If anyone wants to “sign up” and volunteer last minute, we could probably use an extra person or two. I’m not sure how much traffic we’ll get, but so far we’ve only got two of us for the whole day. Still post on here if you are planning to come and what time.

I am taking the supplies to the convention center, and will be there to set up at 9:30am.

Thanks!! It should be a fun event!

Elly

I’m on my way from Amelia. I didn’t know how childcare was going to shake out till last minute so I didn’t sign up. Any suggestions on parking and getting in? Where are you setup? Feel free to call or txt Me. 5134843029
Dave

I’m heading out around 12:00 from home.

Do I need to bring anything? I can bring my Aoyue iron.

Ditto on the parking suggestions. I think they gave a suggestion in one of the earlier messages from the staff.

Found it:

Park on the 4th floor of the garage at the corner of Elm and 6th St as it is pretty close to our room.

Where are you? None of the staff seem to know and I’m walking around the convention center trying to find you.
D