bio @hive13?

http://hackaday.com/2013/08/15/your-hackerspace-needs-a-biology-lab-heres-the-inspiration/

Wasn’t there talk of doing something along these lines? Mike?

-D

I’m still following the DIY-Bio movement! BioCurious in San Francsisco is also doing cool stuff, and the “Glowing Plant” kickstarter guys have been drawing a lot of attention. I think it would be awesome to do some DIYBio at the hive but my time (and money) has been spent on other things…if other members are serious about the idea, we could make it happen. A full-blown biolab requires lots of $$ and possibly biosafety certification, but there’s also projects at the cheap and simple end to start out.

Mike

Please remove me from this email list.

Kenneth.m.rega@gmail.com

Thank you,

Ken, this is the second time you’ve sent an email instead of reading. The first time, I was somewhat nice. Now, I’m going to tell you to go eat shit. No one is going to remove you from the list. You need to do it yourself. The message you just quoted has the instructions to remove yourself from the list. Really. Look at the bottom of it. Read.

“To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cincihackerspace+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.”

HOOKED ON PHONICS WERKED FER ME!

lol

Hey Ken, bet you’re glad you quit the hive now! :smiley:

tif

I contacted Ken off list, I don’t think he was reading the replies to threads.

Heck, if you aren’t aware of the replies, There’s always blocking it on the gmail side, just tag it as spam.

Hah! Dave has a slightly different definition for “nice” than I do.

In the interest of fairness, I’d like to point out that when I read these messages in Gmail, the footer with the unsubscribe options is hidden by a faint gray button with three dots. Clicking that button is required to show the unsubcribe option. Other email readers might also be hiding the footers, so not seeing it isn’t automatically a sign of not paying attention.

On the other hand, I did include the instructions on my initial “this is how you unsubscribe” response, so there is that.

I think he has unsubscribed at this point, he replied to my instructions on how to unsubscribe.

As for the bio lab, I think it sounds like a lot of fun and if we could somehow incorporate a photo dark lab into it that could allow the space to serve multiple purposes.

That said, we are starting to run up against floor space limitations and I am not sure where we would locate it.

Incorporating a dark lab for photo sounds good to me, especially because some bio applications such as fluorescence microscopy also benefit from a dark room. Floor space would definitely be an issue though…

Mike