Big belt sander (on bench) down for repairs.

While sharpening wood lathe tools, I found the disk sander plate of the larger bench belt sander contraption wobbled on the shaft (Aluminum disk was loose on the shaft.)

This afternoon, I made a steel bushing and fit it into the aluminum plate. Will finish setting the bushing, add a set screw and remount the disk and belt guard Monday.
Intend to fit this up with finer paper for easy lathe tool sharpening. (lazy)
Note the metal lathe has been shifted to four jaw chuck for this work. Will put the three jaw back on Monday. (nice lathe)

No job is ever quite as easy as you want it to be.


It’s back on line and working. A new tighter shaft bearing makes it quieter, but it still has dynamic vibration.