Anyone have a ramset?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ramset-MasterShot-0-22-Caliber-Powder-Actuated-Tool-40088/202046595

I propose we buy one of these with the move budget if no one has one they are willing to loan. We will need one to anchor the walls to the floor, columns, and ceiling.

Thanks,

Kevin M.

Just gonna voice my hesitation again at nearly the first thing we do before we spend any time in the space walking it out is buying equipment to permanently attach things everywhere, ESPECIALLY the ceiling that was built so well to flexibly handle roof attachments with the T-slots.

The ramset fasteners can be easily cut flush with a reciprocating saw if we decide to modify the layout later.

I would say we can ramset the fasteners after we dry fit the whole space and make sure we are happy with the layout. So we don’t need it right away, but eventually we will need need or need access to one.

What do you mean by dry fit? Are you suggesting we ditch the established plan to build the wood shop walls before we move the wood shop in?

I agree with the conservative approach but at some point we move forward…

…at such time I have a ramset.

Regards,
James

James,

Do you mind sending me the model of your Ramset? Apparently for the 3/4" fasteners we need to do the steel framing, the different models recommend different charges, and I'm trying to figure out what we will need to order.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,
An older version of this model…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ramset-HammerShot-0-22-Caliber-Single-Shot-Tool-00022/100091715

I have a variety of charges and nails. Didn’t realize you were only shooting 3/4”…

Regards,
James

We will need 3/4" fasteners for the studs and framing rail for the walls (25ga steel framing) and 1" fasteners for electrical boxes that get mounted to the columns and cement walls and ceiling.

I’m wondering if it may actually be best for us to go ahead and buy one, the gun/trigger style seem to be easier to use.

I have an older version similar to the one that James posted. I’ve had it for 10 years, and not used it, since my initial project. I’d like to donate it, along with any charges and nails I can find.

Awesome! Thank you!

What’s the easiest way for me to donate it? Can we arrange a time to drop it all off?

There will be teams at the new space working both today and tomorrow 10-4ish, could drop it off. Otherwise, anytime you like you can leave it at the old space.

Good plan, I’m on my way.

Andrew,

Did your ramset make it into the hive? Do you know where it is now?

Thanks,

Kevin

Andrew handed it to me two plus weeks ago. I have it.

Could you please send me the model number so I can make sure we get quotes for the correct charges? Also, could you please leave it in the infrastructure cabinet next time you are near the hive?

Thanks,

Kevin