Another haiku for you

A crystal garden
Gossamer ice grows inside
Coke machine shivers

IMG_0897.JPG

Fixed that for you…

IMG_0897b.JPG

Replacement thermostat is being shipped via UPS ground…should be in on Wednesday or Thursday.

If replacing the tstat doesn’t fix it, we’ll have to look at getting a new compressor.

Ian

I turned the machine off yesterday upon seeing this. Freezing the AC system is a good way to kill it. Let’s keep it off until the new thermostat comes in. :slight_smile:

I turned the thermostat until it was fully off and I heard the switch inside it click, but the compressor stayed on. I didn’t measure anything, but I would imagine it is just the thermostat that is bad again.

It may not be a bad idea to make the arduino code a lot more stable and having the arduino control the compressor. I have a water proof temp sensor that I made at the hive now.

Jon

If it is anything like a regular refrigerator, there are two semi-independent systems:
-The refrigeration system
-The defrost system

Typically, you have a bimetal fuse that is a safety system “feature” of the defrost system that goes bad. If you have coils that are icing up, the problem typically isn’t anything on the refrigeration side.

I’d have a good hard look at the defrost side before getting too excited on the refrigeration side, which is generally more reliable.

(Can you tell I just went through this?)
-D