A Pi-Top group buy?

Pi-Top has a large summer sale going on right now on their Raspberry Pi laptops, and HAD a 6 for $200 discount but it’s now marked as sold out. I’ve gotten in touch with them to see if a larger / different quantity might be possible for members of a makerspace, so is anyone interested in one for themselves? I’d buy the quantity and then deal with people individually. Expecting a price of ~$40 each for them IF we can still make it happen.

I’d be up to get one of these to have on hand

Love the idea!

Be advised that price is WITHOUT the required Pi 3B+ which is going for above list price…

Regards,
James

On Aug 2, 2022, at 14:22, Chris Hodapp via Hive13 Discussion discourse-noreply@hive13.org wrote:

hodapp
August 2

I’d be up to get one of these to have on hand

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To start a new topic rather than replying to this thread, email the post to:

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I’m down. What’s the MOQ?

Looks like they were not kidding, the Pi-Top 3 is completely gone from their website now. I’m waiting on a response from their sales & partnership people now whether it’s still available in a quantity purchase.

Turns out the sale at $45 was crazy sucessful, they sold 1700 of them in 2 hours, freaked out and took everything down. The six pack at $200 was a fluke a couple of people got.

I’ve committed to 10 for $450, they will include the speaker and they’re looking around for extra stuff to throw in the box for us. I’ll take 2 of them I and I think I have requests bringing that to 7 total so far? So if anybody else wants one speak up.

I’ll take one. Not quite sure why, but why not?

I may not have been clear.

I’ll take one and I can be talked into 2.

Regards,
James

On Aug 4, 2022, at 13:53, Dave Velzy via Hive13 Discussion discourse-noreply@hive13.org wrote:

DVelzy
August 4

In Reply To

cjdavis Board Member
August 4

Turns out the sale at $45 was crazy sucessful, they sold 1700 of them in 2 hours, freaked out and took everything down. The six pack at $200 was a fluke a couple of people got. I’ve committed to 10 for $450, they will include the speaker and they’re looking around for extra stuff to throw in the bo…

I would be interested in one

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022, 5:04 PM James Hartley via Hive13 Discussion <discourse-noreply@hive13.org> wrote:

hartleje
August 4

I may not have been clear.

I’ll take one and I can be talked into 2.

Regards,
James

On Aug 4, 2022, at 13:53, Dave Velzy via Hive13 Discussion discourse-noreply@hive13.org wrote:

DVelzy
August 4

In Reply To

cjdavis Board Member
August 4

Turns out the sale at $45 was crazy sucessful, they sold 1700 of them in 2 hours, freaked out and took everything down. The six pack at $200 was a fluke a couple of people got. I’ve committed to 10 for $450, they will include the speaker and they’re looking around for extra stuff to throw in the bo…

In Reply To

DVelzy
August 4

Phil will take one if you need to make up the number

Not interested, thanks. But I AM interested in half a dozen PI4 8GB whenever they start appearing on the market at or below MRSP.

I’m interested in one if it’s available

I’d like one if you haven’t run out yet.