3d printing question

Today I was asked:

" What is the size of the largest functioning 3D printer you have, what make and model is it, what software is running it, and what type filament does it use? "

Ok Jeff, here it is… (preps mitt to catch the reply)

Nancy

Our working 3D printer is the Ultimaker 2.

The Ultimaker 2 provides a print volume of just more than 9 x 8.7 x 8 inches (23 x 22.5 x 20.5 centimeters), for a total of 626 cubic inches (10,609cubic cm)

We have a Gigabot but it is in disrepair.

Gigabot. The Gigabot by Re:3D has a stunning 59 x 60 x 60 cm build volume. It prints with a 0.4mm nozzle and 1.75mm ABS or PLA.

Did the gigabot get changed? It used to print with 3mm filament?

Gigabot does work with effort, it's just inelligent. It does use 2.85mm

I just pulled that spec sheet to get the volume of the Internet

Errrr... Inelegant?

Ha.

I got the specs off the Internet.

I do believe ryan got the cr10 functional again… I have not beem down to run any prints. If I remember right its 300x300x300 or 350x350x300. Lol I can’t remember which submodel exactly I grabbed.

The CR10 that Ryan brought in for me to use (which I think is your’s Kevin S.) is 300mm x 300mm bed.

Kevin,

Thank you for that, lol I couldn’t remember exactly which sized one I got and if I had gotten the taller z axis. I got it for a crazy good deal from bid FTA along with the delta. When my leg went out the last time I took a ride down the stairs with my laptop that had all of my 3d printer models and settings saved :frowning: . Needless to say I am in the boat for a new laptop if anyone is selling one… I have not been able to get the case lined back up all the way to get her to power back on… the screen did not break luckily.

Sorry to hi Jack the thread a little.

Have a good one,
Kevin S

how much do you want to spend on a laptop? Desired specs? Form factor? I have a handful ranging from $free to $800 that I could let go of.
-D

Dave,

I will figure out a dollar amount, mainly looking for windows. I am going to try to see if i can bring back my hp to life as it was pretty decent with 16gn of ram and 2tb hard drive. The bad was an all plastic chassis that popped apart and am having trouble lining things up lol.

Thanks man,
Kevin