3D Printed Protective Masks

Greetings, I am forwarding this from an organization that I am part of. I don’t have a #D printer but this is a group that has engineered a design to help protect people during this time.

Maker Mask is a nonprofit initiative organized by leaders in technology, industry and government. Maker Mask announced today the availability of the first medically approved design for 3D printer protective masks to help fill the critical need for high-quality personal protective equipment (PPE) due to the COVID-19 pandemic using community-based, small batch production.

People interested in learning more about the Maker Mask initiative and how to make these masks should join an educational webinar to be held on Thursday, April 2 at 1:00 pm PST / 4:00 pm EDT. For more information and to register, go to www.makermask.com.

The Maker Mask website functions as a digital media platform where interested parties can collaborate, coordinate, and access information about the mask design, training, components, and production instructions. Maker Mask is receiving funding from nonprofit corporate sponsors through the RPrime Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. A patent for Maker Mask is pending.

The Maker Mask initiative is enabling communities to create necessary goods locally and quickly will lessen the spread of disease, protect more people, reduce burdens on medical facilities/Department of Defense/governments, and give Americans something they can do to be part of the solution to this pandemic, while building and training capability for the future.

Bottomline, Maker Mask’s small batch production model allows communities all over the country make critically needed PPE to protect the people supporting our 16 sectors of critical infrastructure and we need your support.

For more information, see the attached information sheet

MakerMask_Mar2020.pdf (138 KB)