Wanted: HCC Testers

The Hive Computing Cluster is ready for beta testers.

With the additional 6TB that I brought down to the hive (which I’m going to change to 48TB in the next few months), I’m feeling comfortable enough to open the Hive Computing Cluster up for Beta testing.

A few caveats for the time being:

1.) Until we get some dedicated air conditioning, this service will probably be seasonal-only.
2.) Right now, this is IPv4 only, however, I will be working on IPv6 in the next few days.
3.) I only have the images for Gentoo, Ubuntu, and Fedora right now. If you need a different image, or want to make your own, please let me know.
4.) This service is very beta right now. It might go down for any reason, or no reason at all.

If you’d like an account, please let me know, and I’ll be more than happy to create you one.

For the nerds:

We’re now running Openstack Havana on the cloud. The HP DL320s on top is the cloud controller, and the other four machines are cloud nodes. The cloud controller is using power management to turn off and on servers as they’re needed in the cloud. We’re using KVM virtualization, and they’re just chilling on the workbench right now. We are using our existing chef infrastructure to keep the configurations in check.

Ian

Awesome!

I would like an account!

Everyone who requested an account should now have access.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Ian

Ian,

Could you please set up an account for me too when you get a chance?

-Chris

Me too, pretty please?

I’ll jump on this bandwagon.

I’ll take one!