Next Meeting - May 23rd

Hopefully once the summer is over we’ll simply re-evaluate the day. As one weekday is generally the same as another, if we move from Tues to Thurs we will likely introduce a problem for another member. Hence, as Dave pointed out, the “It’s on Tuesday” method works best.

I dislike the idea of changing days etc. The key to people being able to show up is consistency, IME.

FWIW, I like the tuesday+16 pattern (Tuesdays and Thursdays). I have gotten used to monthly meetings and this sort of keeps with that monthly pattern with an additional meeting in two weeks, if I can make it. Or maybe a weekday+weekend pattern fits best. Tuesdays & Saturdays, approx two weeks apart. Just sayin.

I’m ok with whatever. I’ll make what I can and miss the rest.

I think that we should also keep mind the Plenum Pattern which talks about meeting regularly:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9897224/1003Building-a-Hacker-Space#page=45

I agree with this idea that the meeting needs to be on the same day of the the week, every single week. We are going for regularity here. It should be like a constant background rhythm: every Tuesday at 7, every Tuesday at 7, every Tuesday at 7… so that people don’t even have to look at a calendar to know when to come.

Any additional meeting times and dates on top of that are fine, but they are just gravy. If the Meatspacers team decides it needs to have its adventures on Saturday mornings, or if people just want to get together and hang out on some other night, then I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Same goes for having workshops, presentations or whatever else.

But for “official” meetings, where Things Get Decided and people Get Stuff Done, I think we need to stick to the simplest possible schedule and that’s once per week on a weeknight. (I also think that there should be an agenda, minutes, next actions and all that stuff every week.)

~Dave

+1