CNC Router – Chasing ghosts in the machine. The dreaded e-stop

Dave,
Sorry I was unable to make the CNC re-wiring day due to the snow. Would you like me to bring my shielded Cat7 to the meeting tomorrow?
-Kasey

The CNC rewire is 95% complete. Monday, we got the steppers and spindles operating. A few final wire dressing tasks should have the CNC operational Tuesday.
Still on the to do list are new estop switches, some plastic shields and check runs to assure the stepper plots run true and square.

Dave

I think there are a few industrial E stop buttons in a box under the electronics area by the window.

As of Tuesday evening, the CNC router is operational. We also trued the gantry square to the rails.

Still to do: Attempt to salvage the sign that was stuck on the table when the router went down. And add palm slap estops to the table.

Awesome!

Thanks for everyone’s hard work.

I’ll second that remark!

John2pt0

I'm at the Hive now, took a long stretch off. I haven't been keeping up with the mailing list I can't get the vfd to turn on. I flip the switch and nothing, press run and nothing.
I just need to cut out one letter, can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Might want to put a notice on Slack.

Can get a faster response.

Always try a total reboot.

Yes, We know the CNC spindle is not operational. It was a few days ago. Being an all volunteer organization, none of us was able to rush right over to diagnose why it isn’t working. I’m possibly there tomorrow afternoon, definitely there Saturday.

Thanks Dave!

I tracked down the issue with some guidance from Dave. The CNC is back up and running and some cutting is being done tonight.

Go team! Proud to be a member of a group that is working together so well. Huge progress for the hive! Makes me really glad I came back.
-D

Thanks Will. So what was the problem?

Greg* didn’t crimp of the VFD wires well enough into the fork connector so it came loose from the connector.

*I have no idea who did those wires originally so I am arbitrarily assigning blame to Greg so that he can’t blame me for it. Alternative we can blame Jon Neal that was previously blamed for every failure.