Cleaning Up The Hive: A Call to Action

If hardware in the Hive is going to have labels identifying which
project it belongs to, would it make sense to also have a kind of
summary board with info on all of the active projects? I know there
are some details on the wiki, but (being new) I am having difficulty
figuring out what is active and what is dormant.

Yeah that’s a continuing problem. The wiki is where the projects are suppose to live but like everything once a project goes dormant usually the wiki entry does too. At least having a project contact on a label would give you somebody to contact if you where interested in working on that project.

In the meantime I stuck some post-its on some stuff, just to show what stuff is for a project and what stuff is trash (from the equipment I’ved worked on) Of course the stuff in the Trash area doesn’t truly mean it’s trash. It just means somebody needs to claim it for a project or take it home or whatever…at least before the scavengers get to it :slight_smile:

We have the material to make a thumb-tack board (and a fairly large one at that). I think a portion of it could easily be devoted to active projects w/ contact info.

Perhaps at the tuesday meeting we can start planning out what sections of the walls can // will be used for what so that we can figure out where chalkboards, tackboard, tool pegboard, etc will be going up.

Perhaps someone needs to remind the fellow who owns the wall sculpture to take it down; my recollection is that he was reminded about a month ago - but he may need a more urgent suggestion - that we need the space.

Thurman Wenzl
Thurman Wenzl | Flickr

— On Mon, 6/7/10, Paul pvince@gmail.com wrote:

> From: Paul pvince@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: [CHP] Re: Cleaning Up The Hive: A Call to Action
> To: cincihackerspace@googlegroups.com
> Date: Monday, June 7, 2010, 11:16 PM
>
> We have the material to make a thumb-tack board (and a fairly large one at that). I think a portion of it could easily be devoted to active projects w/ contact info.
>
> Perhaps at the tuesday meeting we can start planning out what sections of the walls can // will be used for what so that we can figure out where chalkboards, tackboard, tool pegboard, etc will be going up.

|

His deadline is 6/15. I additionally will be speaking to him about it this evening.