Cincinnati Maker Faire Scheduling - Aug 28-30

I think it is going to extremely difficult to hold the battery holders to the underside of the badges while the badges are in a vice. Unless the instructor just reaches under and holds it in place (without touching the metal bits.

My dad John and myself can do soldering from 10 til 12 Saturday if those are still needed. Looks like there’s already 3 people in that time slot, so we could hand off part way through, too, if 4 is the max that can do things at the same time.

I just noticed that there is a lunch break between 1 and 2. Is the plan to just shut the whole table down at that point, and turn people away? Given the crowds last year, I think that may turn out to be difficult (from a “disappointing lots of kids” standpoint), and frustrating for kids who have already waited half an hour or more at that point. That’s about the busiest time.

I recommend that the early shift plan to stay an extra half hour (particularly since the 10-11 time is the only time we had last year that wasn’t swamped) and the late shift plan to start half an hour earlier.

I was fully intending to cover the lunch times, but I had thought they were from 12 to 1 and I won’t be able to do it Saturday, as I have another commitment.

I am very excited that so many of you have volunteered for specific time slots, so I will get to see the faire!

I can still be at the faire all day tomorrow, but I will have baby Oliver from 10-12. I can probably help with the Hive info table but not soldering during this time. I would however be happy to man learn-to-solder during the 1-2 “lunch break,” I agree with Marcus that it we should keep it open if possible.

Mike

Jim Dallam has arrived at Hive13 with the truck. We are loading power tool drag racing and large items for the Hive13 exhibit between now and 4:30P.

Our intent is to unload the aforementioned large items for the Hive13 interior exhibit and learn to solder booth at the Museum Center at around 5:00P. Setup will continue through 9P, at which point we must vacate the Museum Center. Then the long night of hacking remaining things together begins. There may be accompanying libations and revelry. Who can say?

Anyone willing to assist with tonight’s loading extravaganza is more than welcome to appear @hive. I will forward logistical information for tomorrow’s event (parking, finalized schedules) this evening.

Thanks again for all the volunteer efforts thus far. I realize there’s a lot going on in Cincinnati this weekend, and I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to assist with the Hive’s major yearly event.

• Ry

Ryan, did you see the email I sent to you and the other three people listed as setting up the “learn to solder” event about what items need to be brought from the hive?

I did. I’m terribly far behind on email due to comedy at work this week. I intend to catch up and provide a logistical summary of the weekends events this evening.

Groovey. Since I didn’t send it to the mailing list (I’m not sure why, I guess I just didn’t want to clog it up with minutia), I grew paranoid it wouldn’t be seen.

No response is needed, as long as the list was received before everyone hied off to the museum center. I’m sorry I won’t be helping tonight.